Between May 2 and May 6, 2020 PADSA conducted a random survey among 96 of the 248 licensed adult daily living centers in Pennsylvania to ascertain a representative view of the effects of COVID-19 mandatory closure orders.
These 96 adult daily living centers serve 4,866 individuals as follows:
- 1,189 ODP Waiver Clients
- 2,249 CHC Waiver Clients
- 251 Lottery OPTIONS Clients
- 127 VA Clients
- 165 Other Insurance Clients
- 885 Private Pay Clients
After these centers were closed in March:
- 34 former participants have beendiagnosed with COVID-19
- 54 have been admitted to hospitals
- 54 have been admitted to nursing homes
- 631 staff have been furloughed
- 179 staff are working form home maintaining contact with participants
Without retainer funding, 42 of these 96 centers report they are in danger of closing permanently between May 8th and June 1st, leaving 2,100 participants.